Friday 9 October 2009

Internet love scam: A Doctor Is Drugged and Extorted

The curse of a lonely heart.


Friday October 9, 2009

Doctor extorted and drugged by Net friend

Compiled by BEH YUEN HUI, IZATUN SHARI and A. RAMAN


A FEMALE doctor invited a friend over for dinner and ended up being extorted for RM10,000.
The 35-year-old doctor, who is a single mother, had apparently been photographed in the nude by the “friend” whom she got to know on the Internet three months ago.
China Press reported the friend demanded RM10,000 as a “settlement fee” and threatened to distribute the naked photographs.
The doctor said she befriended the Arab man on the Internet and found him to be congenial.
Last Sunday, she invited him over for dinner at her home in Subang Jaya, Selangor, while her two children were away.
The man made her coffee and the doctor claimed to have lost consciousness after consuming the drink.
“When I woke up the next morning, I found myself naked on the bed. The man, together with some RM2,000 worth of jewellery, was gone.
“The next day, he asked me to pay US$3,000 (RM10,500) for the photographs,’’ she told police after lodging a report.
Selangor CID chief Senior Asst Comm (II) Datuk Hasnan Hassan said police believed the doctor had been drugged.
The daily also reported an “upskirting photographer” in Malacca trying to capture pictures of a 22-year-old auditor on Wednesday.
The auditor was on her way to lunch when she noticed a man bending down and taking photographs below her skirt using a camera phone.
Appalled, she shouted for help. The man ran away but was caught by a policeman on his rounds and several passers-by.

2 comments:

Che Jam said...

Hi Cikgu,

You sure are concerned about lonely ladies getting victimised in their pursuit to overcome their loneliness.

When I was many years younger I tried the internet too. I was lucky (almost) nothing bad happened. I went out with them and quickly eliminate those I felt uncomfortable with he he he... I even found three trustworthy friends from the internet, whose friendship I cherish until today.

Now I stay with my sister and her four kids. Life is a lot more meaningful when I get myself to be useful and can contribute to them in kind, though not much in cash.

I hope this brings a smile on your face. Have a nice day today.

Hanez

koolmokcikZ said...

Hi Hanez,

Thanks for dropping by.

Wasn't expecting any visitors, let alone comment on my posts here.

Yours sure brought a smile on my face. Thank you.

Wassalam.